Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Saturday walked and Sunday Rode

What a wonderful weekend.
I spoke with Krystin about Duke, everyone is happy with his progress.  Saturday The girsl were going to the Groton House Trails and then the NE Rodeo.  They all met at Greenwood and then left.  I spent my time working with Duke.  Talking pics of Stacie, Michelle, Kathryn Hannah and Brianne.  It was a nice day. I event gave Duke a bath from head to toe in the hose.  10 minutes on his hoofs then his whole body.  Terry came at the very end and I was able to give her a tour of the place and introduce her to some of the nice horses.  It was great day.
[PIcs from Saturday]
Sunday was different, I tacked up Duke, very carefully.  Put him in the crossties and brushed him out. Oiled out my saddle.  Brushed out Duke picked his hoofs.  The are beautiful with the new shoes.  I think that hes feeling great.
As Dr Craig said, I need to work Duke for 30 minutes. so Sunday I put the weight on Duke and rode him for 30min.  Im not sure that he liked it at all.  He was feeling it at 20min.  He went back to the steps and he was signalling me to step off at 20min.  I made him go back.  I did set up4 cones in teh Arena so that he was able to walk around so that it wasnt totally boring for him.  It was so hot out that today working in the arena would be more comfortable than hitting the trails at high noon.
I was able to also, put on the beautiful engraved plaque I had made of my name on the back of the saddle.  It was pretty cool feeling.
I was finished riding Duke at 1230 so that when Laurie came over I jumped off Duke in the arena and then we had a great day just hanging out.  I told them about Duke's condition walking around.  He looks so much better and hes an absolute goof, so Im happy too.







No comments:

Post a Comment