Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Dukes paint spot

This week's the 30 minutes in the arena was not as good as last week's.  At 10min I was feeling terrible. Duke loves the trails, but I cant control him near the grasses. He was slow in the ring.  We went around many times but it was only for about 12min.  I felt bad for him. I thought he was feeling terrible. I jumped off him and as soon as I did he wanted to play the run and snack game. I dont know what to think.  I remember how nice he was in the snow at Bobby's.  With the grass hes so aggressive.
As I was riding in the ring I thought that he may not live very long but when I was with him on the ground he was excellent about stopping at the "hoah!".
Hes really got such a nice way about his stopping.  I love giving him a snack when hes good.  After our walk in the arena I took off his saddle in the stall.  Duke loves his stall.  He loves to eat as I brush him out and the only problem Im having is I need to put his bit and bridle in after we get into the arena.  Today we rode Western.  I cant tell if he likes the English or the Western best. I like the westnern for getting on him in the arena.  I Like the English for riding him in general.
This horse in teh picture below doesnt like anyone there.  He especially doesnt like when Duke stands too close to his stall.  You can see it in this picture. I put Duke in the ring while I did some chores.  He liked walking around in the ring without any one telling him what to do.  
Here is Duke's new fly bonnet.  I think he was tryin gto get it off his head today.
Here is Duke after I hosed his hoofs and gave him a little bath. This guy has paint in his background.

 Duke  --  Percheron and Paint



 Back at the paddock

After Duke's brush out, tack up, mounting,  workout, Untacking, cool water for hoofs, cool
refreshing shower, walk in the grass, sneaking grass eating behind the barn back to paddock.

No comments:

Post a Comment