Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 24, 2018

NH in the day but heading over to GW at about 7pm.

The barn was closed and dark, no other cars.  This week's snow was melted and the moon was out.  I stopped to atke a pic of the barn as I drove into the driveway open area.   The sand was mud soft and my car sank.  I quickly backed up over to the hay barn.
When in office turned on all lights, had a bag of apples cut up with several carrats.  I took the carroats and gave them out to everyone in the side of Duke's side of the banr.
I went in and Duke was dark caked on mud.  He looked really happy. I had given everyone in the barn carrots and he was stomping and making lots of sounds.
I went into the brush him and decided to get into the arena quick.  I would walk him and try and get a mile. I ended up getting a mile and I'm happy about it.  We did our exercises near the mount.  He did pretty good. We walked around there was jumps set up and we walked through them. I took quite a few pics and we were busy.  At the end of our walking I had my brushes and brushed him out.
 
 






 

 Serveral times he turned around and turned around again, dug with his hoofs and turning.  I like the way he was working with me.  He was paying attention and he was also only slightly paying attention to other horses.  we worked on walking up to the mount that was placed in the middle on the right side and then walking up with me, standing still, repositioning and then stepping one step forward, getting a small apple, staying still and then I walk to his center and then  I brush him lightly on the nap of his back and then release him.  He did that after walking at a great pace and at one time we ran together near the end. Then I used the remaining apples to get him to run to me at the other end of the arena.  He did wonderful.
Then I put him to bed, in his little jammies and removed his halter, gave him the rest of the apples and locked him up good.







No comments:

Post a Comment