Total Pageviews

Friday, May 4, 2018

Just a hot summer night in May

I was excited to go over and see Duke drop off the board check.  As I was driving in I texted Bonnie if she wanted me to drop off the check at the house.  Well luckily she said yes and met me at the door with Krystyn holding a sweet little chick.  I stepped up the stairs as the black older dog was barking for attention.  Bonnie wanted to know if I wanted to see the rest of the chickens baby chicks.  It was os sweet Bonnie had them in the living room with a warm light on them.  The dark ones with the light colored on the sides are the friendliest and I help one little one.  So warm, soft and sweet. I used my finger to lightly pet the sweet little chick.  I was very happy:).  Kristin McMahon was driving by and Krystyn flagged her over too to see the little ones.  I was talking to Bonnie she is really a sweet lady.  Krystyn said that she is having Lily show on Sunday at Midnight Moon Farm at 10am.  She said that Safari will compete and then Jess will compete with sweet little Lily.  I know it will be very nice. 
Jess is a great kid.
Double Barrel Kicks on the start of our walk on theroad and then I put him back in the outside paddock.  We walked around and it was crazy fun.  I ran along withhim as he celebrated getting out of his stall and being out in the breezes.  I was so happy too.







Anyway Duke was in his tsall dirty but happy. I didn't even see how badly he was covered with mud.  As I was walking out Stacie was cantering in with Townes.  She doesn't look to  nice at her size on such a small horse making it run.  She most likely made him laime. Poor horse.
Anyway as I am walking out with Duke hes looking all of the place. He has that wild way he gets sometime with the windy days.  He's looking behind him hes looking all around.  His mane is flying all over the place. It was exciting but I know that its the way he is when he snickers when we are about to walk. He scans the horizon and then he makes the coolest sound.  It reminds me of him getting fierce in the way hes going to kick someone asses.
Well I knew that he might get out of control so I walked back to the barn and then opened the gate to the paddock. He rolled right away.  Today whe he went to roll,  he had a hard time getting down. I saw him fold his front feet perfectly.   Then he was struggling with his back end. Also he couldn't get the other side rolled.  He left such an amazing amount of fur on the ground. 

 In the outside ring he  and in he went. he went crazy, like paced back and for the length of the large paddock and did about 5 double barrel kicks.  I was amazed.  He was something special. I felt a little scared.  I let him go crazy while I called, whistled and also made the kiss sound. I ended up giving him a few snacks and finally his apple.  He was amazing. I took him over to the grass.
 Duke was so itchy he was scratching at the bar on the arena.



I had to hold him back and keep him under control.  HE loved the grass grazing.  He did good then we walked and ran around in the arena.  It was the best visit.  <3  He was itchy and also I thought he was going to roll again but he was toally interested in snacks. He was tryin to actually walk on the outside of me instead of the inside. Also I worked with his stretching. I need to keep doing that with him.
__________________
Saturday was a great day too. I went over early and did stalls with Krystyn and Bonnie. I know they were going to work on getting the horses ready.  I shoveled while Duke was outside enjoying the amazing weather, The breeze blowing through his hair.
______________________
Sunday I went over to the show at Midnigght Moon farm behind the Parlee Farm.  It was kind of awkward how they did the show where no one can really see the course or anyone in it.  But the groups were so interesting. I helped by getting Safaris extra bridle having Duke's cooler because the horses and people were soaked waiting around in the pouring rain. When if finally ended I ran back to be with Duke.  We walked our walk, hung out running around in the outdoor paddock and then we went into the arena.  It was truly FUN.
Pictures from the show.


























No comments:

Post a Comment