Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Jan 2020 First Lesson of the year - Krystyn said best yet



Had a 1pm lesson set up with Krystyn, when I got the there they were loading a little brown horse onto a trailer I didnt recognize., it was the nice lady, I think Andrea she had switched her horses. Brought one in a small little light haired like a blond haired . Sweet little horse, 14 hands or maybe less. When I pulled into the driveway of Greenwood I noticed it wasnt really plowed at all the icy snow was everywhere and the path to get into the barn was very narrow. I backed out from the hay barn area and turned to park in the big puddle at the corner in the top of the driveway. I parked grabbed my stuff camera, apples small amount of snacks,
Well I saw that they might be really busy and its not looking good for time our lesson.  I went in and saw that they were only 1/2 way through the stalls.  I did Gaelens, Johnnys, Dukes and Lilys.
I got out the black saddle, brushed it ll cleaned the latigo strap, Ill need to get it all cleaned up.
Well when I got him all set up with the back albeta saddle he aljmost smiled. I had to tack him in the stall because Bonnie and Krystyn were cleaning up the stalls. George was in his stall again, he cant go out because its too slippery. I think its not fair he needs the shoes so he can enjoy life. He started to take down the wall of te stall and they had to replace it iwth boards as I was getting Duke all tacked up. The saddle was in rough shape and I had to try to get the stirrups fixed. I remenber when the stirrup just fell off when I was in the arena. Well I found the rest of the parts, stirup and the cobble strap. I had a heck of a time putting it back on and making sure it was afixed to the clasp.  Patti was there she is a verynice person. As I had the saddle holder with the saddle Duke was leaning out of the stall making funny sounds in my ear.
I noticed when I took him out of the paddock he was very sweet, completely inthralled with me. As I was closing the gate he usally pulls on the lead line and then pulls toward the ground to smell grass.  Instead this time his friends were watching me lovingly. I didnt have any snacks and Duke was walking with me in a very happy way. He attitude is very good lately. I brushed him out and did his tail with the anti fungus. I brushed him out more with the mud brush that I got at equine affaire. It was very nice, then I also brush his face he really likes that. Im going to get the brushes that . won from Gerdas Rescue in Nov. I love his face brush he loves it too. then I used the mohair brush and a toothy one for his tail.
Well we finally got into the arena, I think it took a while, to get him tacked properly. He looks good with the black saddle. Ill need to clean it and oil it well before the next ride this weekend. Maybe we will be all set with this saddle.  Duke seemed so much happier with this saddle. HOping its right.

No comments:

Post a Comment