Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 22, 2023

Sunday funday Best boy round penning, so proud

 Snowy day in the mid afternoon at Greenwood. Some of the horses were out but Beau, Sienna, Tucker and few more were in for the day. 




This guys really loves to run and have fun with me in the round pen. I will ask him to stop and come in and he stops and walks into tme. Im so proud of his control. Today he turned directions while in the open. So proud, I think I need to learn about how to do proper round pen with him. There are times we are working out and he stands and waits for direction. Very obiedeint but Im not really sure what to do next.

Patty was still there and June, Conor and Kristin were busy with their horses today.




Kristin is working long reining, June and Conor asked me if I wanted to get Beau into the arena before they went in with her boy. She mentioned working with me at the same time, I let her know that I would just round pen him for alittle while and it would be like less than 10min.

Kristin was so cute with Kinsey.



After she finished, I set up and brought Beau in. I wasnt sure if he would do good. June was telling me how happy she was for me about Beau. She commented to me how good I was with my connection with Beau and how we were progressing. She also mentioned how I worked with Duke. She thought that I had put on the horses goals that they could reach. I let her know I really appreciated the comment. She showed me a whole set of training tapes she gave to Kristie. She said that Iprob have everything. I really do not have anything. Its stuff I picked up be attending Equine Affiare, watching all of the semos and really taking it in.

Well after talking I went over and brought Beau in, decided t just do a few things, backing up and turning, then went into the round pen with my little   crop with the hay bail twine. Works like a charm.




He made me so proud, my neck hurts alot today, and Beau made it easy for me. Completely listinging to my directions. He even turned directios when I asked. Im in awe of him. Hes amazing. Then we walked and did some stops, June suggested some of the things that her and her horse had issues were is that when running and then asking to stop, that her horse woudd not do it quet right.

Beau did it pretty good.

I am so proud of that boy.





Krystyn came to do the feedings, I gave her the beautiful black and gold dressage pad, and asked if her student would want to use it. She said probably so I gave it to her for working with Joleit. Krystyn brought in the remainder of the horses that were out before she fed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment