Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Duke & Blue 9am first ride with Duke




This journey was different than the rest, be had breakfast at the Bickford's on the corner of the road to Bobby's Ranch. Colleen was so happy. I met her at her house at about 740 and we were able to get to Bickford's and have some food. I had toast, poached egg, coffee and juice. She had some eggs, tea, home fries and some sort of meat.
The ride consisted of Colleen the little girl and myself. Again the little girl is not very savy in horse control and the poor little horse does it's best to understand all of her wrong signals. Aside from that, Beautiful ride. As a matter of fact this ride was exceptional. I had my buddy Duke, I think the stirrups were to lose because I had great trots but was unable to control my form very well. Very exciting but next time Im going to have it tighter. Duke was on early and I jumped at the chance to ride him. He thought he may be running the ride but he had to go last. He hates that. Blue the girl Katy, said does great with Duke behind him to push em. Sure enough they did great. We took a new beautiful trail with lots of things we hadnt seen before such as crossing brooks and some conservation land. Id like to go hiking down a few of those trails from another access. Anyway great ride, lots of long trots. We stayed at the farm for about 50 minutes bonding with the animals. I loved it.
Ok I better take a shower. Upload pics later.
The top picture is one of Duke when he came out of his stall. Last week Duke didnt come out once, he ate and ate for about 45min. So hungry. hes cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment