Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Duke - Leaves Bobbys for a nice horse farm

I have mixed feelings on Duke leaving Bobby's. Although he taught me all I know about advanced trail riding, I am happy that his hard work at the ranch can lead him into a position that he could truly enjoy. I know he was an event horse before he came to the ranch. He didnt like walking in water.
Some horses connect with you. I never felt that he knew I was loving him as much as I was. I always tried to talk to Duke. Domino would make eye contact at the corral. With Duke, I would dream of him understanding that I wanted to spend my time on the trail with him. He gave me so much. I wonder if he ever realized how much I adored him.  Here is a picture of his beautiful eye.  He was always with the breast holder and the nice red strap. His tail is so long and his stride so strong and smooth.  Duke taught me to cantor through the field. I thank him for his patience. I cant tell you how many times I gave him the wrong direction and he forgave me. I wasnt the best rider he had but he made it so I was smooth as silk. Bobby sold Duke last week. Sheila was surprised he was sold with Smokey.  I love Duke so much. I think he saved me from falling off him.  His control with me on his back. When it happened I like to think that it was my skill but Im pretty sure it was his patience and smarts that had him understnad me and finally slow down and stop galloping back to the farm. I have tears in my eyes because of the dept I feel to him for caring for me and keeping me safe all these years I have ridden him.  Sheila said that she was so surprised.  Bobby Jr says he may come back. Sarah says hes in a good home.  I say he did me so much good in my life I can never repay him for his lessons in life and the confidance he gave me.  I will truly miss him.  xoxo Duke!
Beautiful Duke and his white yes

No comments:

Post a Comment