Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Ride with Duke again, 10am with Lydia and Callie Kanti

Today I wasnt feeling too well and I was worried if I would get a ride in.  So busy lately.  I thought I would be away at the Cape or in NH.  I was neither.  This weekend was good for me.  Spent time with the cast, Bruins won the series over the Penguins and are going for the Stanley Cup series and I even got to go riding.  I booked the 10am so I could make sure I was feeling better. I make it to the store got carrots, milk, apples and even bananas.
I pulled in the Barn it was about 70 and nice and warm.  The ride was coming back early it looked. Bobby was in such a great mood. Sheila said to me, who do you want Malaki or Duke?  I was taken back I said Duke if he is feeling good. She said he was feeling good. Duke it was.  He was great on the trails. Even though the trails were so wet.  There were 2 women with three boys that were out of control that went with Anja and Sheila and the new guide, Lydia went on the trot ride with Kanti, the woman who rides all the time (Tammy) and is only on a half lease and two lovely girls who were visiting from Deleware.  We were the trot ride.  The trails were so wet and there were people on the lake so that we went up the hill from the lake and doubled back.  Lydia has us trot enough times but she also had us trot on 2 times on a very wet surface with puddles and rocks.  It didnt work out very well but it was interesting. Duke didnt steal too many leaves and the two girls were behind me on Blue and Malaki.  I loved seeing those guys on the trail.
Well I had good times on the trail and we ended up trotting on the long RR part and it was wicked wet. The walk ride was ahead of us far up the trail.  It was nice. Duke kept close to the new horse Callie and Blue and Malaki were dragging their butts behind us.
I like the new guide Lydia she was verys sweet.  She had gotten off to tighten a saddle at little desert and also readjusted her saddle.  I think its so tough to get off and on the horses when everyone is watching.
After the ride I spoke to Bob gave him 5 lbs of carrots. I had an opportunity to feed the horses some carrots.  Blue always knows when I have carrots. I gave him and Tango some carrots and then went over and gave Callie and another horse some carrots.  Yogi was tied up and I was able to give him some carrots before he gave a ride to a little girl.  I feed the minis, the baby donkeys and the sweet little sheep.  He is my favorite.  I felt good today after the ride. I watched the others get the next ride, 11am with 12 riders.  Kanti seems pretty helpful.  Tammy was getting ready to leave she really seems to ride too much.  Im not sure I want to have a 1/2 lease yet.  It was a beautiful ride an I loved being with Duke again.  I will upload some pics soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment