Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Only one hour this time with Duke, Sarah Barb & Kanti

I was so happy to be heading to the barn today. It didnt even seem early to get up and get out. I had been up for a few hours cause the cats are so crazy in the am.  I got dressed and kept my hair in the wedding style from Saturday at Melvin's and Karen's wedding.  The B's won game 2 in the Stanley Cup with the Black Hawks so the day was a good feeling day. I had a few beers last night and I was afraid it may make me tired this morning but I was fine.
The morning was cool but was getting warm quick. I had worn my sweatshirt but I could have just had a Tshirt.  When I called in the morning I was going to do a 2hour and then Kanti emailed that she had hurt her back and she needed to take it easy.  The one hour was perfect, Sandy and Cathy were going out on a 2 hour but my funds are short this week and Id like to get home because it was Father's Day. We were getting the pool ready and Bob wasn't feeling too good.
Anyway back to the Horses.














Kanti and Barb get along great they talk about thier Moms I think Barb is going through some tough times.  I seem to just be excited about being on the trails.  When I phoned Sheila asked who I wanted to ride,  mentioned Malaki when I got to the farm she said that Malaki needed shoes.  She gets so frustrated because there is so much work.
The ride was great. Duke was so sweet. He hated all the water on the trails but he loved the trots. I notice that he was actually not tailgating for once.  So funny.
Sarah was a brat on Foxie. She wants to see how fast she will go if she brought her out on the straightaway.  It was a fun ride. I thought the trails would be worse considering all of the flooding this week but it was just regular we could even trot around the lake.  Looks like the plants drank it up fast.
We were back from the ride.  Sandy and Kathy took off fast at the beginning of the ride so they could get out of sight of the horses we were with or ours would try and catch up if they see then in front of them.  Could be fun but we better let em go ahead of of site.
Wonderful morning and I got a cool ice coffee for everyone at the house.  It was a nice father's day coffee.  Bobby was a sweetie takin it easy in the office. He was happy about Father's Day. I gave him a little father's day kiss on the cheek. That guy is something else.
Oh yeah Smokey is back looking good but the people who had bought and returned him cut his feet too short like a fingernail down past the quick.  He has to recover, I hope it doesnt hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment