Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Hangin with the Little Lamb, Tonto and riding with Duchy


Nice day low 80s slight breeze, the 10am was a huge ride.  I didn't want to go and there were few horses.  I waited for the 11am. Ill put one more pics later.


I wanted to ride with Domino today but I think he was resting his foot.  He ended up escaping from the paddock and walked around quickly to come back to the area and be a pretty good boy.

During the morning I spent time with Tonto and with the little lamb.  She was a little bit more friendly today I am glad. 

I rode with Duchess on the 11am.  I was a lot smoother than the last time.  I liked how ride today, there were lots of young women that may have dressed like horse riders but were a little rough in the saddle.  They looked nice in the picture at the end but while we trotted they were very slow and wicked bumpy.  

Amy and Lexie were on the ride.  When I got there Lexie came walking over I guess Lakota had gotten roughed up in the herd and she was hurt. She and I gave Lakota some love and snuck her a carrot.   Lexie rode Mariah and Amy rode April.  Lexie did great with Mariah but I think that Amy had a hard time with Chiquita.  She wasn't controlled on the ride and Duchess was pretty annoyed during the ride because Chiquita was riding up most of the time, on her rear very close, not keeping the spacing mostly all the way through the ride.  We had nice ride but those guys are getting better on the trail most likely after some of the different horses. 
I miss Kanti the  most, she is a truly enjoyable person to ride with.

As you can see this is the classic ride.  We had about 3 short trots.  The ride was pretty large usually we would split the ride but we stayed together.  It made it hard for the back group to actually get a trot in.  The ladies in front of me had lots of stopping with their horses I think because of their experience level and because of the size of the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment