Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Most of Duke's Tack complete and getting a test

Great day for me, finally at the barn to relax and put together Duke's tack.  I wasnt there early enough to ride with Kanti and Laurie but they had a nice ride anyway and had to go on there way.  I was able to come and stay for a few hours with my buddy.  It was so worth it. I left around 3pm.  So I was able to be there for hours and didnt even go ont he trails.  Well, I guess he doesnt have his Winters yet.  It was ok for this week, I am working on getting him ready.  Cassie had done a great job putting the cinch strap on the big saddle.  It looks great.  After talking with Laurie and Kanti they I went and got Duke.  I was so happy.  Bryce was so sweet she wanted to make sure that I was there when she got back so she could ride in the ring.  She sure loves to work her favorite horse at Bobby's Shawnie.  She and the girls are all trending on goign from a stand still to a full canter.  These guys love to push the horses inthe ring.  Im ot sure it is what I would like to do.  Honestly I am more concern with soem little things like getting to know Duke and build  trust and caring.  Also I want to get going on learning to work the bit and hoof care.  Anyway it was like a little dream for me to spend time with the girls and Duke.
Sarah was great she went on the first ride and then as I was brushing out Duke she checked ot see if I had a good enough job of getting all the mud crusted on his body and belly.  Not quite done and then the girls and I put the halter on together.  Krissy and Sarah did the bit and we put the saddle on.  It was nice to have the girls with me and helping too.


















No comments:

Post a Comment