Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Quick Release Knot

http://media.bloomsburymediacloud.org/media/how-to-tie-a-quick-release-knot-local-horse-magazi



Today, I didn't have any room in the barn to put Duke's tack together.  I wanted to go outside but there is only one tie out there.  Laurie had gone on before me to tack up Apache as he had a turn in the ring with the herd to fool around and kick up his heels.  I was waiting to see if Duke wanted to have some fun too.  He was almost bored.  He and Domino were together but honestly I think that Duke was not excited in the ring after the other group had so much fun.  I was ok with that too.
Well I need to secure him to a rail that may not have a chain.  I guess I like coming when no one is there.  Ill keep doing that too.

Sarah saw that I had tied Duke up to the rail and the knot wasn't one that was quick release.  If something happened the knot on the rail may hurt someone.  Sarah let me know that Bob wanted to use better safety measures.  She said there is a horse knot called a quick release.  It is also called a highway hitch.  Sarah showed me how to tie it.  I am still learning so I thought this movie.  This picture was helpful too.

http://media.bloomsburymediacloud.org/media/how-to-tie-a-quick-release-knot-local-horse-magazi

No comments:

Post a Comment