Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Socializing Duke with Jim, he may be going to the Boarder Barn this week

I saw that Jarred Rafferety was worried about his horse Jim's health especially his weight.  He was asking for advice on Draft Horse Facebook. I was surprised by the conversation. When ever I have seen Jim he looked great.  The pics look kinda like Jim was looking thinner but not when I saw him at the ranch.  Many were giving Jarred advice on supplements.  One lady said that Jarred should think about more exercise and that is what he decided would help.
Jarred said that he did not know that the Dentist appt was finalized and was last Monday.
I felt that it was unfortunate that Jim didn't get a Horse Dentist like Cheryl to help him out.
Today I went over to the ranch about 1230.  This was completely different than what I had planned. I wasn't going to come at all only going to be on Sunday.  The ride today was a bonus.  I went out on the 3pm.  That meant that from about 1pm to 3pm I was able to give Duke lots of attention and have him hang out with Jim.

When I got to the ranch I saw Jarred at the Boarder Barn with Jim.  I asked him to come hang out with me and Duke and we can brush out our horses and I was going to condition Duke's hoofs.
So we went into the little outside ring laced Duke and Jim to the edge and did their hoofs.  It was nice to see them together.
The girls were going out at about just after 130pm and I was brushing out Duke with Jim and just talking.  It was very nice.
We both decided to get tacked up and go out on the 3pm.  We were tacked and ready at 2:30 but it was really busy on the lake and IM very glad that we were with the larger group.  Their were special needs kids and also adults on the walk ride so when the split came and there was going to be a trot ride.
Jarred wasn't sure how Jim would do with the trotting.  2 times Duke tripped out on the trails. This concerns me.  Also before taking him out, I had him in with the other horses like Hershey and Domino.  He was scratching the heck out of this back legs. Im worried that he has mites or something strange.


























Here are some nice pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment