Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Too long to wait to see Duke

Sunday finally getting to see Duke.  Its been so long, two weeks.  Friday before vacation we should have seen him but work was too crazy.  Last day too much.
Well I was very happy, he was in his stall.  He heard my voice and started backing up.  I was so happy. Big smile, he was so cute.  I was there early only Barb and Terry were ready to ride when I got there.  I couldn't wait to get him brushed up.  I had the new brush and the new face brush.
Getting Due ready still takes more than 30 minutes to properly get him tacked.  I  was ready to ride with Barb.  She always goes early.  Theresa asked if Barb wanted to ride with the Ladies but Barb likes to ride quiet walk ride.  She had pumkin today.



Dukes back hoof














  • Paid my bill late Bob yelled at me for trying to get into the office, it was locked.  I had knocked but Bob seemed to be upset about the door.  Later Theresa explained he thought that someone had messed up with his bookings and booked a big ride on Saturday night and then cancelled so that the guides could go to Mustang MakeOver
  • Laurie and I got to get out the burrs from the goats little beard by using but scratches
  • Kanti couldn't ride as much as she wanted because there were no horses, she waited for the ride to return.She helped get the riders on.
  • all the rides seemed full enough, when some people cancelled it made it better.
  • After the second ride, Duke will not continue down with me and go to the second posts.  He believes that he should be in with the herd stalls.  Amanda saw I was struggling and put him ot the side and said she'd help.  She slapped his ass so hard to get him to move on.  He moved on but he was so upset after he passed the entrance.  He stopped and paused and spoke in a horse voice.  He was truly disappointed.  We walked then trotted back to the 2nd rail.  He knew that he may be in trouble.  All the rest of the girls were there.  I untacked him, and gave his foot a look.  He let me lift and hold his back leg for the first time.  I cleaned him up.  His hoof looks bad. 
  • French family talking to Duke, no English but they understood when I said that Duke was a Percheron horse and that meant he was French.  They liked that.I thnk they wanted to ride but their language barrier was too much.  They didn't speak English enough to make a  conversation with Bob and get on the schedule.  They loved Duke. The girls petted duke and loved him.  He likes when the children give him attention.  It makes me feel so good inside.
  • There were so many burrs in Dukes tail that I had to really work to get them out.  I went on the ride with him and got back and then really concentrated on his tail.  Kanti was s sweet she cleaned his front mane for us.  Duke appreciated the help.
  • The new face brush put Duke into a trance as I brushed his face to gentley.
  • Duke ended the ride with a perfect walk next to me, no line at all, completely walking next to me and listening to my voice calls.  He stopped on a dime with the "hoooe" voice command.  he certainly is something special.

No comments:

Post a Comment