Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Great Day with Duke! He trotted in the outside ring, I was able to get in the saddle with him 2 times - level ground

What a day.
Thats almost all there is I care about today.
Im feeling like a cowboy, and he was my faithful trail friend.



I got to the farm and jumped out of my car.  Barb was there already and Laurie and Cathy were talking at their cars.  I flew up to get Duke and get his saddle going.  For some reason there were tons of people for the 9am.  I let the girls know that I was going out on the 9am ride.  Im not sure if there are disappointed.  I have to get Dukes back legs in synch again.  He needs to be in trotting on time.
I was able to get duke all saddled and jump on the ride.  Barb was there and I caught up.  She turned after I caught up as they were heading up the hill in the back before the gate.  Duke loves to trot to catch up.
Barb turned around and got behind Duke and I.  I really didn't think we would split up today but again there were enough guides to split the ride, trots and walks. 
There was a lady in the front of me with her boyfriend.  She was on Duchess.  She had on half chaps so I had a feeling by her tight reins on Duchess that she was new to western.  So many times Duchess was slowing down or backing up because she kept the friends so fast.
At one point we were stopped and she was back backing up Duchess into Duke and Duchess let her know that she didn't like it.  Poor girl she backed right ito Duke and she made out a loud complaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment