Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Tuesdays at Bobbys, its closed, not a soul around but horses, goats, sheep, donkeys dogs and kitties.

Im been working nights at home the last 2 nights.  This really helped out with some extra time on my schedule.   Because I worked over, I am able to spend some time with Duke.  The day Bobbys is close too.  He left at 215 and I left at 2:30.  I drove quickly as I could over to the Ranch.  No one was there.  They were working very hard at the new barn. I could hear lots of banging and machinery.  
The only time I saw anyone was when Bobby came over and gave the boarder horses some hay.  I let Duke have alittle.  At one point Duke knew it was time to come with me.  I put on his lead and we went over to the outside ring. I let him graze for a long time. I gave him his apple and then after a little while I gave him the bit and bridle.  He didnt like it today.  I was not placingit on like I usually do.  I had to get the lead line and attache it.
I got his bridle and reins, brought him over to the edge and then climbed on the fence.


Riding Bareback again

He is so patient with me.  He knows that I am uneasy and very unbalanced with no saddle.  As we walked around the ring, I could tell that Duke was thinking he may want to trot with me like I always ask him but he felt that I am not sturdy.
I absolutely love how he takes care of me.  He was a good boy.  I went around 2 times that was enough.  I loved how I can slide off him with no saddle.  Its my favorite thing about riding bareback.  I will continue to ride until I can feel totally comfortable. This weekend I can take a couple of trail rides Saturday.




In The Boarder Herd

I can see that the hierarchy at the boarder barn kinda stinks. I see that there is a new horse that has bridle burns on her face. I gave her some hay because she was getting chased off from the others.
Last week Levi ran right at Duke and I see Sargeant act up alot.  When I came over today, Sargeant came to the gate and I petted him.  It looked like he was keeping Duke from coming over to see me. 
Im hoping that things will be better in the gang and in the eating areas.


























No comments:

Post a Comment