Total Pageviews

Friday, September 4, 2015

Duke has changed herds to boarder barn

Ive been working on Duke and getting him ready to move to Boarder barn.  Last week hanging out with Jim and Jarred.  Walking near it when we are on walks.  Today as I was texting Theresa to see if his legs were still itchy she said casually that Duke, Apache and Winston had moved to the boarder barn and were doing good.  I just texted Laurie and she had no idea that the horses were being moved.
I let her know that I had just checkin in to see if Dukes leg was doing better and Theresa let me know that everything is going to be ok, with Duke Apache and Winston in the Boarder Barn.
Ill let you know how he's doing tomorrow when I zoom over there and get him to hang out.
Hes a sweet guy and I don't want him to think that things are going badly.









Tacking Up for a ride

I did his nails hung out and checked out his legs.  He seems pretty dam good.  I decided to go on the 11am today.  It was a nice ride and something very nice happened. I wanted to pull away from the ride and see if Duke was tripping still in the trots and as I pulled away and said goodbye to Amy and to Chrissy, Amy offered to come along.  Well it made a huge difference.  Duke and Chiquita walked together.  And then we did a huge trot back.  Not one trip.  It was a long trot.  Went all the way until the hill then we slowed down and ended up meeting with the boarder barn peeps Laurie and Terry too.





 Duke in the Ring, Jules in the Ring

Duke did so good that we went directly into the ring and I jumped up on him and then he went around the ring then I hopped off, Jumped up again and he trotted again.  I felt like a million bucks.  He's feeling better, all grown up at the boarder barn and he is trotting in the ring.  Well and Im better too jumping on his back with no aid. I have to do it every week but Ill get even better.    What a Great Horse!




So proud of Duke this week too!


 Jim and the other guys at the Board Barn Grazing area
















No comments:

Post a Comment