Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 26, 2015

New winter sneakers, beauty of a 2 mile ride just Duke and me


Duke getting his new Winter Shoes

Bobby was going to work on putting on Duke's shoes today. I imagined that I might not want to ride with him having his legs crunched up for so long. I think it makes his legs feel crappy.  Well Bobby said I should ride him today. It was about 48 out . I hadn't ridden him very much lately but we had lots of great walks together and on Xmas Eve, Duke was trotting on the nice soft ground with me holding the lead line trying to keep up.
I liked that Bobby was doing Duke's shoes as I was there. I could hang out. I also learned that keeping Duke up in the barn for a while can help dry out his hoofs. Ill be doing it all the time.

[Shawnie and the gang of hers will be returning so things will probably be less peaceful than we have had over the past few months.]
 Also Domino is being leased by a nice lady seems as though she loves him and is interested in buying him.  I am shocked by all this talk.  Even the idea of selling Domino makes me feel a little uncomfortable, that horse is something special for the farm.















On the Trail near bridge

I loved riding the staight-away today. The muddy puddles of soft squishy mud and water seemed to annoy Duke so he was creeping into the edges of the trail.  He made me laugh but he wasn't very comfortable.  I noticed that when I asked him to trot he wasn't that excited about it. Im going to see how he is on a trail ride soon and see if its just the "not wanting to lead" thing that he's been doing.
Id like to see him more comfortable.  Ill keep after him. Im proud of myself and of Duke for riding alone without any other horses or people He's a great listening. I think he's doing it for apples and Snax.  Im proud of him.











By the Water












Ran into a hunter on the trail

As I came through the clearing after the sandy area where we split, I saw some people in blue that I recognized as being in front of my in the straight a way standing in front of me as I turned eh corner. Then I noticed that there was a bright orange vest and hat and a large rifle in another person's hand. As I approached I imagined that they would step aside.
When I got there I think I said hi, then they didn't step aside.  I really didn't want them anywhere near my horse.  I said that my horse didn't like the look of his gun.  He started to walk toward the first bridge that I was also going. I asked if we could pass him and go ahead.  Duke was pretty cute. I asked him to stop off the trail, so we could pass and go ahead of him.  He did it, i didn't feel good about him being on the trail with me.  Duke and I walked quickly and then I asked Duke to trot a little bit ahead  I wanted him to canter actually but he's just not himself anymore.  I am hoping that he starts to feel better with all of the Hoofsnax and supplements.


Riding the long Stretch & the back of the rock wall of Farm












No comments:

Post a Comment