Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Walked and Rode w/Duke, worried that it was too much, tired boy 3+miles

Great Day today on the Barn.  First some quality time at the rail with Duke.  Put his new Blanket on hung out outside.  Did Dukes hoofs with the hardener.  Brushed him out and did her beautiful fur and tail.  He was awfully snack.  ;P.












Then the girls, Laurie ask me to come out on a ride. I was worried that Duke would be too much for him while he's still recovering and getting his strength back from his arthritic attack with his foot.



Well he trotted up the hill while the girls waited. I noticed some conflict with Midnight and Duke. Midnight actually threw his back legs to him.  Duke didn't care.  We went out on the trails and then doubled back. We tried to go dow the straight a way but it was too icy. We went a little. Then doubled back.  The girls went out the straight way and I decided to go all leaves so he could relax.  He trotted a lot to the way back.
we meet the girls an then Duke was actually way ahead.





He did listen when I asked him to go take a left at the Boarder Barn. I have had probs with him before there.  When we got back I decided to take him out on a walk 1.5 walk with me on th ground.  I was hoping to jump on him and ride him back after the big hill but I was very clumsy on the rock with my big huge muck boots with cleats.  They were too "Herman Monster".  After about 15min and 4 different rocks/logs, I decided to call it quits. I was so tired.  My saddle even slipped off onto the ground and I had to re tack to get back to the farm. I walked like 1.5 back around the trails. It was very nice.  Im actually beat.  Duke wore me out.  I think as we walked back to the herd he looked kinda tired and I hoped he wasn't limping.




No comments:

Post a Comment