Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Sunday, ice cold, 35 degrees, We walked together on the trails, then bareback in the ring

I was so excited to finally see Duke, as soon as I whistled for him he looked and then walked up the the gate.  I had a big appel for him but I didn't give it to him until we got past the thick ice. I had Bobs cleats and Duke has his new snow shoes so I was feeling exciting.  The barn seemed less people than usual.  Laurie had Apache and was getting him saddled,  Terry texted me she was with Marley brushign him out.  Amy has been working with Chiquita who had just got her stitches removed.  I got Duke ready outside, I was excited because Laurie had let me know that Duke had lost his halter.  I grabbed his old one here at home and after making a halter out of a lead line, I was able to bring him to the barn to get his looked at and take him out for a walk.

















After walking up the hill past the big field, Duke thought we were going into the big field.  I assured him we were going for a real walk in the trails.  He seemed to be happy to get out.  As we went up the hill he gave a push with his weight to walk a little faster up around the corners.  I saw that the trails had ice but the snow from yesterday made a nice 1 inch crust and there was plenty of snow on the edges for Duke to walk on comfortably.  We went along the back end of the farm, Duke likes that a lot.  There was a small tree down.


















































No comments:

Post a Comment