Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Dukes 2nd lesson with me, standing still at the mount



On Thursday I was able to go over to see Duke for just a few minutes and walk him for 2 miles. There were 2 other people at the barn.  One lady was shaving her horse and the other one was working her horse.  She was in the arena and I came in and walked Duke for about 2 miles and then brushed him out good.I had a lesson scheduled for Friday at 5pm, it was the only time that Krystyn could make it.  I am kind of reluctant to go to a lesson with everyone hanging around like they do.  The family that comes takes up lots of time and space at the barn.  When they need to go to an event it is a relief, although they are very nice people I do love the time with Duke when it is peaceful. Also I like to get into the arena alone.  I gave Duke a wetting down at about 345 and it wasn't near dry by the 5 or 530 time so I rescheduled with Krystyn for Saturday at 3pm. 
This I thought would be a busy time at the barn but as I drove over aftser getting all of my food shopping done and I threw everything away as fast as I could and then went off to Greenwood.  Well I am always expecting to see tons of cars on a Saturday at 2pm and sure enough it was completely empty.  I took some pictures to make sure I would remember how it felt before all the craziness is in the barn.
Well I went in and saw the door was closed.  Duke was so happy to see my car that he starting talking ot me out the window of his stall.  It feels pretty good.  I got all of my things together.  Since I washed his fur yesterday it was so puffy and nice.  It felt good to brush it all up.  He liked it too. Yesterday he loved having the toweling massage that I gave him he made so many sweet sounds and really loved it.

So today all we did is to work on his standing still at the mount.  He did good and I gave Krystyn a tip to share my feelings of happiness about how he did.  I did ok.
We worked on our chorses and then I told Krystyn I was happy with him. He hates the arena and was so smooth and running when we went out across the street to stretch his legs and get grass around the farm. I was proud of him and then I went home after walking him a wihle.  It sure was a good lesson.  The perrys were there and they are I guess working to help their money so they are cleaning up and doing the feeding.  Its nice to see them working but it seems like its the mom and dad who do all of the work.  Their father is a very nice guy and  hes was sweeping everything.  All I do is to clean up Dukes poop when I am there that is enough for me. 
I had a nice day with Duke posing him in front of the beautiful foliage.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment