Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Conditioning Dukes Coat ❤️

It was a nice day today with Duke.  He was out with Doc or Dusty. It was a beautiful day.  Sunny I was able to take my long sleeves off and wear a Tshirt and also was able to give Duke a bath.  I still feel so weak that I cant ride.  When I got to the barn, there was someone out riding I think Manny.  I was alone all alone. I went into the arena and it was clean and empty.  The back doors were open.  All doors open front and back.  All the horses were out in the paddocks.  I got Duke's brushes and took Duke out of the paddock and let him walk around and graze while I brushed him out on the lead line.  I was there for a long time for just a spa day.  I brought some of the coat polish along with the Showsheen.  He was muddy in the paddock, dry mud so it came off quickly with the curry comb.  Doc wanted to come out too but I told him no.  I gave them some mints. 
I think that I had to be careful because of my walking. All together we walked about 1 mile and a half just doing stuff around the barn.  His genitals are still swollen. It makes me worry about him. I think I will need to go visit him this week and make him ride.  Maybe after work could work out.
After a while, Patti showed up and got out Sienna, Jess, and Kristin were working with Safari and then Stacie came with Hannah.  Hannah has been working at the barn as one of the barn help. Shes getting so grown up.  Stace said she was bringing in the horses tonight. I wa sgoing to bring Duke in but hafter the shower and all of the cleaning for the fur and the brushing it would be best if he could dry off in the sun.
When I left he was as happy as can be, so happy for Duke today.

No comments:

Post a Comment