Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Rode with Enzo and Lauren and it was the Last day before Australia



I basically keep to myself when it comes to seeing Duke at the new barn.  I used to coordinate with Scotti but we are not on the same schedule anymore. I visited the barn on Saturday and Sunda to see Duke. I didn't think that I would do anything but if its quiet and there isnts a crowd, its been easy to tack up Duke in his stall and jump on him outside. I have been literally using a treat to get him to stand still until I can jump on him.  Its been working great. I have put the step stool in front of the Coke machine and turning him to the side and jumping on him.  First I stuff the snack in his mouth, while before that I had positioned him perfectly laterally against the barn, then jump up quick.  Hes been excellent.  So I was goofing around walking and a very nice thing happened.  The sweet girl that owns Enzo, she also confided in me that she didn't like how the horses were not out so many days in the winter where it really wasn't a reason. she asked me for advice on her horse. I was shocked because Im kind of no a know it all.  Well I said I really didn't know.
Next thing you know she is asking me if I would go out with her for a ride in the field, with Enzo. She apologized because Enzo was running circles because he was kind of ansy.  Duke on the other hand was a little bit uncomfortable because the snow was getting up into his winter shoes making balls of snow/ice.  He was so uncomfortable that he gave me a little buck, wow first time for everything. The fact is he liked riding with Enzo, I think that Enzo has lots of energy.  She said that he was a thorobred horse that was one of those off tracks.
Pattie was inside with beautiful Sienna.  I really like Pattie, shes helped me with her smart advice on not letting Duke get a way with being stubborn when it comes to me asking him to go into the field or over snow and water.
 
 






























































No comments:

Post a Comment