Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Australia Riding in the Bush with Sahara Trails 80+ degrees


All the work was done before and we were told that we can have Sunday off.  Steve got a car but now he has to drive on the wrong side of the road.   We booked the 11am.  The ride was amazing on the way to Sahara Trails.  There were farms, Bobs Avacado Farm, Olive Farms, horse farms, cow farms.  Lots of land that stretched out into the wide Australia. As we rode I just gazed out into the wild.  We were late.  Steve had to call his Mom.  ITs like that the time difference, you need to call when you can.  Well we got there at about 1050am I said we would be there at 1030.  It is fall day in Australia, about 80+ degrees, perfect. 
As we got into the office to fill out the paperwork, the lady said don't worry.  3 other people were waiting on the bench with their hair nets on under the helmets.  The kids got on first and then Steve and I.  Ben and Bluey were our horses.  Steve had Ben and I had Bluey  The  ride was beautiful.  We even got a couple of trots in. 
As we began to get to to the end of the ride we went down past where we had entered from the original path from the horses paddock.  There was another trot ride and it was pretty smooth.  Steve was behind me on Ben.  They both almost looked like brothers.   The girl in front of me was on an orange horse that kicked Steve when the horses were too close together.  As we were coming around the last bend before coming into meeting back at the bridge with the metal gate, there was a wet sort of corner near a fence and some trees.  Bluey my horse went off the center and suddenly I could see a branch coming for my face. I was unfamiliar with the tree branch and thought it might be just some brush.   As we sped into the branch I was pulled off the side of Bluey and as I went down I knew I had been whacked in the face pretty bad but hadn't hit the ground yet.  I was going down quickly and was concerned about being dragged. soon I looked up at my foot to make sure that My foot was not hooked into the stirrup.  I straightened my foot. and slide onto the ground on my right side with an interesting thud.  I imagined I was just fine.  The guide got the heads up form the rest of the ride and especially Steve that I was on the ground, the familiar, rider down was said.  She jumped on the radio and let the office know.  She jumped off her horse and came ove rot me on the ground.  Can you get up. I thought "sure", then I saw I coulnt move my leg yet. Ok Im going to need a minute. I tried again and got up kinda but then began to feel like I would faint. 
Steve was not happy with my fall. He was terribly upset because of the whole thing playing out in front of him.  He kept saying he was getting down to help me. The guide was worried and we both said to stay on th ehorse.  She asked me, Can you get back on your horse?  I was like, I cant even continue standing. I began walking slowly and painfully.  I told the lady I would walk back.  Then I told the guide that I could use the gate and climb back on. I thought it might be a terrible idea but lets try it. I didn't want the other horses to get restless and take off or misbehave for the kids and STeve.
We sure enough walked so slowly through the woods.  I gots to the bridge crossed and used the metal gate to climb on and get on Bluey.  It worked I was up. The children on the ride wewre so impressed with me to get back on.  I was bloody as hell on my face and I was feeling terrible.



























No comments:

Post a Comment