Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Went over Wednesday night to help Duke out

After Krystyn said that she was worried about Duke's sheath because there were lots of lumps in his area when she did the sheath cleaning.  I had told Bonnie that Duke was swollen and she suggested that Krystyn give a look and also clean it.  Bonnie told me that Kerrie the new Vet would be by Wednesday for the barn shots and she could give a look.  Vet was coming at 10am and Bonnie gave me the "ok" text about 11:30am.  She said that Duke has Melanoma and that many grey horses get that, he has skin tags on his junk.  The vet suggested that Duke get some working in to help his swelling go down. 
Im still on medsd and limping around but I know that if I could get the saddle on and jump on his we could get at least 1/2 mile on him.  It was crazy tacking him.
When I got to the barn it was like abandon.  No one in sight.  I was so happy. I went in through the office and turned on the lights for aisles















































































, arena and went through the tack room. and went to get Duke. He was so happy. I grabbed him and brought him out to the arena.  I tacked him in the arena he walked around a lot while I was brushing him out and tacking. I used the snacks in the mouth method and up I got on him. Its been working out great lately.
We rode around a lot and he let me know he likes to cross the center in an X instead of the circles and circles.  I was so proud when we got to the .50 
Good boy Duke

No comments:

Post a Comment