Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Frozen late afternoon stretch

This is the view as I was changing back into my shoes w/o cleats.  So cold about 10 degrees.

 Went over to the barn about 330, it was a good time to go, took down the tree and put away more xmas things into the attic, not done yet.  When I got there again, I was alone.  The office seemed to be on, when I went in the nice girl that I forget her name so many times. She so sweet.  Her boots look alot warmer since the last time I saw her.  She was making up the oats for the kids.  I got Duke out and brought him into the arena.  He was a little bit fresh.  we walked around a little bit then I took off his purple coat.  Hes so cute when hes a stinker. He might be acting up a bit on me. I might have to crack the whip on him.  He actually goes over to the step now to see if I want to ride. Im thinking Im imagining that today and yesterday.  Anyway he's happy to walk and I think Ill be changings things a bit. No rewards for walking.  Alicia made his food first so he could eat first. I thought it was very nice of her.  I got his dish and he had his supper in the arena.  As he ate I had his coat off, and I was brushing him.  It was a great feeling. She said that its a good thing that I was brushing him because several of the horses have hives. I was thinking that Duke must be sick  of the purple coat.  His coat is amazing, so thick and beautiful.  Hes a gorgeous horse.  He was playing Well we walked approx a mile and as I was coming around I could see that Patti was at Siennas stall.  As we walked he knew that I had a bag of apple slices and he was coming around fast playing a game with me of fresh horses.  I was hoping to get the miles or at least have Duke stretch.  He was great, I brought him back into his stall and then Seinna went out to walk with Patti.  She was going to take off Seinnas blanket too but the static was too sharp and hurt her.  She has a fleece and then a cover blanket, 2 blankets.  I felt so bad for her.

I love the view in the distance sky dusk as I was looking across the empty paddocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment