Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 24, 2018

Black Friday and Saturday visit oo

 

Black Friday - on Wednesday Bonnie asked me what I was doing on Friday. Well I was going to go into work but just really to check in head to the mall for some sales, pick up stuff at Gamestop and have a nice lunch.  So it was easy enough to get up early and head over to the icey barn at like 10am it was in the teens, pretty cold morning. When I got there I stopped and took a picture at the road of the beautiful acres of snowy land spanning the length of my view.  Amy and Tess were there helping riding the Gator and putting out the hay.  Amy was very happy, she had put out Duke and said he was well behaved. That's good to hear I d hate it if he wasn't a good boy. I saw them it was pretty chatty.  Amy loves talking a lot and taking pics of Tess in the barn working have a nice experience. I asked Bonnie what was going on and let her know I had about 90 min. I jumped into the stall, well I went over to Duke and gave him some carrots, some love and then went into back to the stalls. I started in the backat Safari.  Bonnie and I went to town to get the stalls shoveled. I tried to get as many as possible. The gator was kind of slow getting back to be filled. I just went ahead until I was at Duke's. I noticed that complaining about the work doesn't make me feel good about doint it. I do not complain I just do it.I shoveled by my self for a while then made sure that Bonnie didn't take on too much. I really care about them and watch out for them. As I was talking to Krystyn I asked about going to get a new blanket for Babe and maybe I would be looking for Duke, she mentioned that she wsa thinking about going to Nevins and asked me to go too. There was a butt into the conversation and then I was cut off again adn it all revolved around Amy.  Its disappointing to have this happed to me over and over while I am with her. I know it will make it so Ill avoid her.
I worked as far as I could finished a ton of stalls and also went around and pucked up te piles at the other ones so that Bonnie didn't have to..  I was proud of how hard I worked and was able to get to work area and meet up at Kohls right on time. Not back for a Friday morning. It made my day so much better, especially knowing that Duke was out in the sun.  I gave both Doc and Duke carrots but I waited for Doc to be a good boy before giving him any.
I was thinking about the effort that goes into the Greenwood Stables compared to the old barn.   Friday was I was mucking the stalls, I could hear Kelly chopping the ice in the next aisle.  Kelly was empting the buckets, chopping the ice and bleaching each one of them out before she replaced each one with the water. As this is done each day bring the fresh water to the separate paddocks and giving hay too. After the stalls are cleaned the new clean shavings are placed into the stalls. Its so nice to see.

Saturday was a

Saturday was a dream come true, I texted about 12:15 or so to see if they needed a hand, Bonnie said all finished. I let her know that John would be coming tomorrow morning to hang out with me and Duke. She understood I was avoiding the afternoons to miss Sc.
Well I was alone the horse were all out in the paddocks.  I went over and got Duke before anything else. I knew I don't want ot put off getting him.  The temperature was much better than yesterday, the 30s. He was truly happy to see me.  Walking over to the gate and I had no issues getting him out of the paddock and into his lead line. He was all about getting some grass under the icey snow. I didn't have my cleets but at least Duke had his on I went into the ailes and connecting him. He needed the dirt on his beautiful coat cleaned off and then checked his hoofs with the protectant; also applied the RainMaker on his hoofs and also the Funo\ff on Duke's tail. His tail is getting better, the hair is growing but I wish I had washed it with shampoo today. I might need to tomorrow. Anyway I finished working on his coat, hoofs, and tail.  As I looked at Dukes feet and bottom of his hoofs, I saw that the cuts on the bottom almost looked like they were kinda deep. I could see the white of his hoof and some almost blood looking underneath, maybe veins.  I think that having his feet down by Dave gives me a piece of mind because he is a professional. But his feet looked freshly trimmed. I Brushed out his under carriage and his feathers on his legs. Hes so much stronger looking in so many ways.
I talked to him that we were going to be have today. He was tacked up good and I have my terrible method of walking him over to the edge and giving him a couple of carrot pieces. I walked him around about 2-3 times in the arena he was pretty good. I had closed the ailes off by putting up the boards and opened the back doors so that we can see the other horses that are in the paddocks. I felt he was well behanved. He had bee ndoing this strange back kicks lately that I am concerned with but he did not do it with me riding him. Well I took him to the side put the carrots down on the ground and then jumped up on him we walked 2 times in the arena and then out the back door. its pretty icy wet and also snowy. The ice in someplaces was pretty thick.

Ride around outside down the road back into the arena and then saddles off walk out to the hay barn edges for grass graaing then brushed off and water scrapted then a quick walk down the road again, blanketed off the water brushe dout and then put in the stall as the Perry's were there getting the horses put away 3pm seems pretty early for getting them into the stalls but maybe that's ok. I had wished that they were out for longer like one more hour. But I think that Duke had had enough exercise with me that afternoon.
I felt like the afternoon visit was very quality time with that guy. I spent tons of time with Duke and thought tenderly about Doina and how Daniel was letting his sweet horse go. I held Duke in my arms and brushed his face tenderly today. He saw that I was loving him so carefully as he was in the barn, brushing lovingly.  He is a great friend and I hope he realizes how much he means to me.


 
 
 









No comments:

Post a Comment