Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 27, 2023

Memorial Day Weekend - Put up Hay First 90 Day, Monday

 SATURDAY:  Crazy day today, They were doing hay, the bales were in the far feild and there was a crazy truck filled to the top of the truck bed's piled on top of a ton of hay bales.

I thought he was going to fall off.But he didnt. The boys and Krystyn was walking back, I guess they took a break and ate at the back of the barn, 

when I texted Patti she was alone in the barn and the rest of the Greenwood gang was out in the far feield.

I wanted to get over quick, maybe ride, but when I got there I felt like it was just oo hot. Beau was out, he had not water, I didnt realize it until aftrer we did a really great workout in the arena.



I used the dressage whip and it was great. He ran and had great form. he turned the other direction no problem. I set up a few hula hoops for a course, he ran through it with me a couple times then lost interested. 



I grabbed the blue ball and kicked it across the arena, he got excited suddenly and went into the most execting rodeo formation Really fun, but then he didnt respond to the ball at all.

I brought him out to the paddock, its dry but there was no water. I brought him in the barn, let him graze on grass and then into his stall. He was happy. Patti gave everyone hay. 

When Krystyn got back she was so glad that Patti had given all the horses hay in their stalls.


Beau loves her, she said that when she goes out to the paddocks, he is all Mr chatty to her. She said that he never had dont that before She thinks hes really happy.

Randomly all the time he licks my hand, tell me he is appreciative that I am there just hanging out. He does it during times I dont expect it,while we are doing soemthing or while I am opening the gate or getting his stuff ready. I brushed him out in his stall, he was supper happy I had 2 apple sauces and I gave him them on a rock so he could lick it all at his own pace.

It worked fine, I gave the horse next ot him, Legend some last week, Beau jumped between me and the fence to tell Legend to bug off. It was funny.

He trots, he canterss all on cue, then I  Krystyn ended up coming back after a while, her face was so red.






SUNDAY:
Krystyn went to get a new horse, I think; 
Maybe this horse
it was so quiet, just me but it was hot
I got there early around 10 or 1030, Grabbed Beau after I got the saddle and bridle ready.
I had a big apple, 
I brought hi in hte arena, and he moved pretty slow, waking with me, I snapped th whip and Beau went around a little. He was hot so I thought it might be best to just walk, I walked him around and we talked, he didnt even feel like doing turns or back steps. Well on the way into the barn, we stopped and had some delicious grass, I was pretty good, he moves when I ask and he didnt pull on me when I let him eat a bit then walked into the barn.
Walked aorund in the barn arena, brushed him out and 
gave him a nice shower, ate more pepperments went back out to the paddock, althought it was hot there was plenty of water in his water bucket.
I borught him a little bit of hay, I wondered why  Dusty was in his stall and I didnt know why.
He had not hay and he was sad, I was afraid to give him hay so 








After the quick shower and going back into the paddock, Beau rolled in the dirt 2 times in front of me. So funny <3






No comments:

Post a Comment