Total Pageviews

Monday, May 29, 2023

Longest ride yet - beautiful cool day

What a great day, Bonnie was passing me on the road with a wave.  Remembered tahat I should leave a check for board on Wednesday.
I got to the farm, Patti was in the aisle she told me, Beau was in, it was strange, I texted Krystyn to see why?
She said that he was going to go on 1/2 days whlle her horse is settled into a double friend paddock. I was wondering what what going on, so strange, I wish she would let me know before just taking him off of his outside time. The thing is he doesnt really hate going into his stall . . . but still I hate how she treats him.

Anyway when I walked in his face gets so bright. I tacked him up right away. Made sure that I had made the peak in the pad so that his withers would be comfortable. i talked to him the whole time about it too.
Put his bridle on with a yummy mint. He does so good.
I took him, met up with Patti and Sienna,  and we walked for a long time with Patti
maybe a mile or so. He did great, after she was done I brought him out brushed him bit and then round penned him or free lunged, he. did ok, needed to poop in the corner because soeone left their poop over in the corner and he loves that. i hate it. When I got there he pooped in his stall so I didnt think he had to go agqin but he did.
Anyway after some free lunging, I walked over to the mounting block and he came over, I wasnt sure I was going to jump on and then, I just sat right on him and we walked, it was the most I have every ridden him. I tlked to him the whole time and also gave him snacks, he was pretty happy. 
I said Woah to see if he would stop w/o me using the reins, and he did.

Also hes pretty good because i backed him up no problem, he is trying to get me.

At one point Beau went the direction i didnt ask, I felt like he sort of made a mistakes, and when I corrected him by turning him he was very cooperative. Honestly Im so proud of him.

Proud of my boy, hes so my boy.

I rode more than I had ever ridden with him, and I dismounted just perfectly. I love it.


















 

No comments:

Post a Comment