Total Pageviews

Monday, January 2, 2017

New Years Eve - 2017 New Years Day

Both Saturday and Sunday were great days with Duke.  Peaceful and exciting at the same time.

New Years Eve

On New Years Eve, I arrived as Manny's owner Kristin was leaving, she waved to me in from the car.  This is a picture of how peaceful it was for us.  I went and got Duke and he was flirting with that Sky again.  She's really sweet. He finally came over and got his apple and we went into the stall. I waited because I wanted to make sure he had some fun in the paddock before I got there.  It was very nice.  I brushed him out in the stall. I like to tack him in there while he eats some hay. I guess its more private and I like to enjoy the time alone with him.  Well I got the saddle rack and brought out the saddle and the gear.  I wasn't sure that I wanted him to work.
 So peaceful coming into the barn when there is no one else around.  Love it.

I cleaned him up, he was fun to walk with down the path. I had my cleats on and we both had no problems walking together on the terrible ice.  I was cleaning his tail and just generally grooming him.  His fur is beautiful.  I had some new green remover for his tail. Its so interesting to have him in a blanket.  He looks great in it.   It was so wonderful I was thinking that I may go in the arena and ride bareback.  Then it all ended I heard the crackling on the ice. Stacey pulled up with Hannah, she said one of her friends was coming for a ride on Johnny.
Shes so cute. She is working with Johnny now.  She rides him like a pro.  I did walk Duke and tack him because Stacie asked me if I would like a little girl friend of hers ride.  I guess the lady was kinda a strange. Maybe nervous but they all rode on Johnny.  First Hannah rode for a while and then I brought out Duke, the lady said she was all set. After I had tacked him up and worked him in the field, I decided that I didn't want to waste all of Duke's wonderful patience so I jumped on.  Of course Stacey took a pic and I posted it. Later I got a text from Bonnie reminding me that I forgot my helmut. I was only on the him for one time around.  Then I remembered I forgot his helmet, oh well.









New Years Day

 Jan 2nd night.  Great to go over to see Duke and then put him to bed. Its nice to make sure he's getting his holiday and also getting to stretch his legs with me.  Peaceful at the barn alone.
Happy New Year to Us, Congratulations Duke for getting better at Greenwood.

















No comments:

Post a Comment