Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Rode with the new bareback pad today

I was so excited today just to see Duke. It was so much colder than the last few days.  He was in his paddock and he came running over when he saw me.  Lake Greenwood is taking over big time out there.  Today Doc didn't come over and Duke came right over.  There was Christie was on Johnny in the arena and I wanted to put Duke in the tie backs and get his tail, mane all beautiful with the new stuff, Manely, https://manelylonghair.com/
It was fun to brush him out. I took the bareback pad out.  I prayed that I may get to put it on. The tacky bottom and the quick clip was very easy to use. I put some peppermint on his bridle.  After lots of time grooming I went into the arena. I was alone. I worked for a long time to coordinate jumping on him.   I maybe made a mistake  by taking out some peppermint. NOt sure if it was a great idea or a terrible idea. After a long time and I had considered giving up.  I was setting p the step, and then line him up, go up the stair and then put my body over his back and then clammer over with my leg. I feel like I am almost kidding him.  As I was doing it I felt he would walk away like last time.  He didn't. I finally got on him by many tries of swinging my body over him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment