Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Raining Day, Texted Cassie midweek hands-on with Duke

Last night I was looking for a day that I could come to the Farm to work with Duke and get better at grooming and tacking Duke.  Cassie said that 1pm could work out for me.  I left work at about 12:20 and headed over to the Farm.  I was getting excited, I had my boots, wore jeans, and brought a coat I can wear in the ring. It was still raining so I knew tha the farm wouldn't have too many people there because there are no rides going out in this seater.  when I got there I was happy to see Cathy at the rail.  Sandi was on Stetson trying to wear him down a bit while Cassie was in with her Dad and Katie getting something to eat.  It seems that Sarah was thrown 3 times from Stetson and the women were going to work with him and see what is going on.   Cassie was eating ham sandwiches with Bobby and Katie.  Bob walked in and said, "Hi Jules".  He seemed kinda grumpy but he didn't seem to be terrible to me.  Katie gave a comment that Bob would not want to hear her voice so she shouldn't keep telling her story.  I guess Bob doesn't like her voice either.  Its tough around there.  Anyway,  I was glad it wasn't me this time.








Cassie said that we would go get Duke from the herd and bring him in a tack him.  I was so excited about this I had not ever down this.  We gragged a lead line and went out to the herd.  Many horses were leaning toward us as we went out to walk through their area.   Duke was in the back and he wasn't upset to see us with the lead.  I hooked him up as Cassie was telling me and then we walked back.  Duke was amazing walking back.  I was very happy to be doing this today.  I could have been making emails or listening or reading but I was walking with my sweet Duke.
Cassie was distracted by SAndi with Stetson in the ring.  She asked me if Katie would go through a few things with me on Tacking.  I was not that familiar, and was able to ask tons of questions about grooming. This was important to me.  We used the curry comb or brush with was the metal combe to get the matted down dirt mud on their body.  Katie said that under the saddle was a big area to watch. I brush shim up the way she had instructed.  She said that the next brush was the hard brush and you use that to get the dust out of him.  We didn't do his feet so I want to do his feet soon.  We got the saddle and the breastplate.  She went over the girth carefully with me.  I liked how she was answering questions.  As I got complete with the Saddle . . .

Ill add more there soon.


She and I rode in the ring for about 20-25 minutes and then I untacked him put away his blankets and saddle and then I jumped in the car and headed for my hair cut appt.
It was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment