Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Rode Beau around in the arena, in a lesson w/Krystyn tonight

 tonight I drove into the farm from work, no one at the barn, the doors closed cold out today windy and gray. I got out of my last meeting, chatted with Carla my modeler friend and headed out the door with STeve on on the road to Greenwood.

It was about 445, I knew I had to get Beau exercised first in the arena, stretched out and then tacked up before our lesson. Last night I was remembering how to tack up and bridle the best. I knew that Krystyn would be watching me tack. She was over talking to June because June. has just returned from Portuagal with a trainer. It was pretty exciting trip she posted such beautiful pics. As I was getting my lesson in the arena she was giving Cisco some light untravioloet treatents. June has to wear special glasses. its pretty intense.

Anyway I was alone brushing out my boy getting him into the arena, and making sure he was exercised. He was doing that crazy thing, he wants to poop in th corner. I let him try but he didnt have poop left ha ha. I shewed him away and we got our lunging done.

I quickly got him into the ailse, brushed out tried to check his feet. We got the pad on its a nice one, then gave the crease at the wither.It fit better, then I got the saddle on the right spot. I asked Krystyn to check the saddle she said it felt good. I am alot neater with my ties now. I put the stirrups on the horn, and wrap the billet 2 times before securing it tightly.

then I was confidant to put in the bit. I was able with Krystyn watching me carefully get him on the bit with a gentle positing and I thought he did greatl Krystyn said this was about how he was with her too.

She thinks he's too rough.

I am anxous about riding, I think after I mounting and got alot of coaching on how to reighn him. Hes not a one rien but ore like an english. Krystyn said the previous owner had children riding and even a picture of a baby on him. I am learning he was good with kids. Hes got potential to be gentle. 
I mentioned to Krystyn that I belive he will be good with Val and kids and she said that he should be good with thme. Looks like I am going to be ok withhim. He might even be better than Duke with children.

We will find outl





















Grass has taken over where the flooded paddock has some questionalble algea water this is good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment