Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 23, 2023

Saturday Birthday so Sunday is me Beau's day plus Val too

Sunday, got to the barn, looked like the gator was broken, I thought it would be only me, but there will still doing the stalls, seemed kinda late so I knew the gator was out. I stepped in and asked how could I help.
Then I brought out 3 barrels of horse poop and goat stuff. I knew I had to get finished with helping them get the chores done quick so I can start with Beau.

I wanted to be wtih him, let him roll, run around in the arena canter, trot walk. Do the poles again, I like running with him. Then at 1pm or so I will call Joey to have him drop off Valerie for a visit with the barn, and maybe even get to have her sit on him.


Well I was able to tack him up, after the brush out, foot check and pad saddle and bit.
The part of the bit makes me think its uncomfortable.


I stepped onto the mount ping block and he came right over so I could get on. 
I stepped up, put my foot into the stirrup leg over and sat comfortable. for some reason he wants to walk right away. 



He doesnt want to stop alot. He needs to be steered for by the one each rein. strange because I am use dto using reining.


I use my foot too. I bump on the left when reigning to the right.
To emergency stop him the advice is, pull one reign out to the side hard.




When we walk in the arena, hes just not as smooth as I expect, hes not as good navigating and he doesnt stop well at all. I know we are getting to know each other but I was hoping for a bit more of a connection riding.
I rode him for approx 5 min, around the arena a few times.
Getting off is interesting, I know that the more that I spend riding and getting ready to ride,its a good physical challenge, even lifting the hay is good stuff.


Joe came by with Val it was really pouring out I got so soaked. Beau was in the arena, exercised, tacked waiting I had already ridden him.


Val had such an excitied look on her face. She came out on the arena, I told her we were going to round pen him together. We took the dressage whip and or my extension crop with hay bail, I told her to point where you want him to run, look at the area and whip from behind to get the horse to go.
she did pretty good. We walked around the arena. Played with the poles.


She walked up to the mounting block and just like he did with me, Beau came up to the block.
She smiled and laughed, he wants her to ride him.
Its so cute.













 

No comments:

Post a Comment