Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Beautiful day 60+, Tontos Last one on Farm, Talked to Bob alot

Great day for a visit to the farm.  I was just after 9am so I missed Kanti and Laurie on the trails.  IT was ok I wanted to spend time with Val and Tonto.  Im so glad I did.  Terry came around 1pm it was pretty cool, even Cathy and Sandy made it out to the trails.  I should have really hopped on with one of the rides but I need to get ready to be Duke's friend and caretaking.
He was totally busy. I guess its the last few days he will be working on the farm before he goes to the boarder barn.
Time went by fast, Anja's mother let me know that she is going to buy Smokey for Anja.  Anja is a young girl and she will have a nice time with Smokey and going on Guide rides.  Who knows maybe I will go with her more often.
I sat with Bob in the tack room and he told me stories of how he used to be a machinist.  I was almost emotional when I confessed that I was starting a new thing with Duke at a later age.  He told  he started the farm when he was 42 years old he said he put out a sign that said "trail rides".  He and young bob and his sister started it all.  He told me he was a machinsts for 25 years and then 25 years he had huge truck, plowed, and hauled back and forth.  He said that it important to have good brakes.  He said that he always loved real estate and he still follows it.  He had some apartments and ran into problems with renters not paying and trying to be tricky with their ways. He said now he has some condos and everyone is paying rent.  He answered my questions about the trails and how there was a foundation.
He mentioned Sheila twice after "it sucks getting old"  He said that Sheila wont come back anymore. He seemed sad. He also said that the wrecked car out in on the trail was Sheila's sisters car.  He also said he was making a new trail.  He let me know about the foundation that I saw and he told me where there were some others foundations. He said there was a wrecked car someplace else and near it there was a strange set of rocks that made a circle.  He thought some strange club met there and he tried to dismantle the arranged in a circle rocks.
I loved talking to him. He told me stories in the tack room and then on the way out in the office was when he talked about the trails and about getting Duke over to the barn.  I said I wanted to see if I could be around during the move to the barn. Id like to help somehow.  I hope Duke will be ok.  Kanti and I went over to take a look at the barn and its just ok.  I think I would like to have him in a comfortable stall.
Bob was very sweet with Val and getting Tonto out to a barn that she can access more in Pelham.  I will so miss Tonto and Val.  Winston and and Tonto were crying to each other in adorable horse ways.  It was kinda touching. I know Val was getting sad for them both.  Winston loves Tonto so much.
















No comments:

Post a Comment