Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 17, 2017

Walked again beautiful

Went a little earlier than yesterday but later than I had originally planned.  I wanted to go around 12 or 1pm. Isabel gave me a call around 1:30 and she was sick. I ended up talking ot her a long time.  Its funny she seems to be living right at Kates Corner on the way to Greenwood.  She was talking a little bit like she wanted to lease at Greenwood or sometime in her future.







I had thought about tacking him up and riding but I just thought it may be better for me to walk with him and learn more about the trails.  I loved yesterday when we went into the woods and Id like to do more with him go into the woods and goof off learning how to get in between the fields.  Anyway, we walked thru the ice driveway, its terrible.  Then we went around the hay barn in the front and Duke was happy to walk, finding so many grass mouns to eat, he circles his lips around to get rid of the snow and then hes so cute he gets right in there to get the grass.  We went acorss the road, it was so quiet.  We walked on the snow not the ice roadway near the trailers.  We opened up through the opening of the field on the other side of the barn.  WE walked Duke several times just excited.  I didn't let him get too close to the edge where the grass weeds were stocks of stick, not good for him to eat.  We walked to the end, then we entered into the woods, 4 deer were entering at the same time from the field.  It was os exciting.  It was like time stood still as they ran leaping in the air.  THey were so cute, at the end of the line (Duke and I looked at each other as the deer ran in front of us) he sort of speaks to me with his eyes.  I told him he loves when the deer are in the woods with us.  I know he really does.  Anyway there was a dog barking in the distance and they kept barking. It was annoying and I could see Duke saying stuff to  me about it.  I love watching his eyes.  We used to ride together and saw deer all of the time, we used to walk up to them as they grazed.  I think the more that we go out there the better.  We walked through the woods and duke felt so good with me. I loved being withhim.  We walked around the edge of the back field and then toward the houses on the road and then we turned around.  There were two dogs barking at us, I told them that they should stop barking at us while we walk in our own land in the field.  We turned around came back nad then a man came out and said hi, seemed to take the dogs someplace on the land that I didn't hear him anymore. We took our time grazing at the edge of the field and walked with each other and grabbed at as much green grass as he could find.  Then we came to the end, I told duke he couldn't eat everything and he had to move on.  He made me proud by skipping over the grass and wlaking fast. I tried to keep up.  A ocuople of times I thought he wmight roll but he also jumped up and odwn and he was vocal.  It was a great walk, I'm excited to be doing this walk on his back soon.  Hes a super boy and I think we will get to it soon. 
Maybe even Duke will learn in training iwht Krystyn and myself.  When we got back I put him and and gave him cookies and all his friends too.  Lucky enough to see Patti and also I got to put on the new red halter.  So cute.
 I started to imagein if I had leased Duke. Its funny after our walk in the snow and finding wonderful gress, I returned to the barn, put Duke in and Bonnie pulled up. I talked to her for awhle.  She was suppoe to be meeting someone at 3#o but they didn't seem to  come.  We had a long talk, Krystyn, life after the death of her husband, foing to th edentist, losing teech not having money and of course the wedding for Krysystn.
I had mentioned that I hknew a friend that may be interested in leasing.  She said who are we goig to lease, Duke. I told her that I don't know how to lease.  She said leases pay for 1/2 of the borad.  She looked like she wanted me to do it.  She encouranged me.  I thought abou tit.  What would I do if someone else rode Duke. I thold Bonnie that Duke would need to get some training going.  I mean hes kinda lazy.  I absolutely love taking walks with him.  The land is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment