Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 2, 2017

Mrs Santa today then He behaved walking on Saturday



I'm still happy sitting here hours later.  It was warm enough, 42 cloudy.  When I got there I was alone, there was a man in a car alone and then a woman came out and sat they left. I changed my boots and got my helmet, salt an apple and some candy canes.  I went out and got Duke, hes happier in the paddock.  I shooed Doc out of the way but still gave him a candy cane along with Muck. Then I took Duke out, put him in the cross ties, I think he knows  that hes going to be working when I don't put him in the stall (its full of hay for sthe night feeding so I don't want him eating it early.  Then in the cross ties I only brushed out his dirt; no special care for his tail or hoofs or mane.  I just brushed and curry thinged him.  He was doing that terrible thing he used to do with his hoof dragging.   He was trying to be sweet.  Its great to be there alone.  The sweet little appy was in the stall.  I'm afraid hes in too much poor boy, I gave him a peppermint cane piece.
Duke then I handled him the way he knows hes not on break, I hold his head high and remind him over and over that I am holding him and that he needs to pay attention to us walking.  He went out into the field.  Hes always so tempted to grab grass, we walked over so much, he wanted to grab it.  He was pretty good. I couple of times I want to bring him into the woods but I still don't feel to happy about the woods exploration until I go with Krystyn and Johnny.
Well he was excellent about a mile on the outside.  He did a little jump walk in the place where its a hole.  I gave him snacks Peppermeints and we walked on the road.  The road walk went well and then he was behind the hay tractor shed, didn't take any grass.  I let him walk and then I gave him a full apple let him know that we were good and gave him a pet.  We went  over and he grazed so happily.  He seemed to graze near to me than usually.  I sat on the ground, happy smiling.  We grazed together for a while, I wanted sit all day with him.  I have new bags of hoof snacks and I got the new salt 3 pounds I think.  Jess tied Safaris salt to the bars.  I tried it with Dukes.  I don't even think he sees it as salt.  Funny boy.  I went in with him as it got darker and darker and took our picture together.  I do love him and enjoy times we have together.  I am a lucky woman to have such as sweet friend, Duke.





Joe, has passed away this past week and I helped by collecting tons of pictures.  I had one of both of the riders, Mickey and Joe and the other sweet horse that died this summer.



























No comments:

Post a Comment