Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Dave meets Beau hoofs will be healthy again

 Dave gave me a text that he would be able to see Beau today at 2pm. I was already  thinking about when I should leave work.  Im so relieved that Beau is all set now. Dave thinks hes a “pretty nice fella”  He had some issues on his back hoofs just like we thought. He has to stay in his stall until he can heal, but until Saturday seems like a long time. He said that the ground is too hard, I can work out in the arena but the ground is too hard and Dave said his grog is raw. I watched him trim huge pieces carefully off his back hoofs. June was uncomfortable with the growth on the back. Dave said all signs of thrush. 

Dave was excited that Beau was a TB, he really liked him and let me know that he thought Beau was something special. 

A couple of times Beau was a bit nervous with the back feet. He was of course getting an intense trim. Dave was not afraid to do a great job fixing Braus getting. He said he would be sore. I will need to soak with peroxide maybe today. The Thrush needs to be soaked out. Also its important to keep his feet  in the air.

Dave also taught me at least 3 things

1. How to get Beau to do the stomached kurgan easily

2. Best way to have Beau pick up his feet . I think that he’s feeling better already after the trim. He’s going to be sore because Dave removed the rotted hoof materials. 

3. A good way to get Beau to pivot on his front feet. Dave was critical on my turns even though I was spot on with our movements together. We can work it out and even get better. 

Dave was impressed with my sweet new boy, 

He left with the phrase he always said with Duke, Rude him like you stole him. 

I’m so glad Besu has Dave ❤️



Ihave to miss Dr Katz'ssaddle fittings,I can just have him do an adjustment.







This picture Dave showed me the frog and how it was effected by the thrush, the other black was really deep in Beau's hoof. I would have been hard to keep Duke in for 4 days but Beau most likely feels like resting.

No comments:

Post a Comment